Friday, September 11, 2009

Letting it go...

The intensity of it all surprised me. I took it as my good fortune. I ignored the warnings, AND the warning signs. I plunged. Headlong. I was so sure. It would go on forever, I knew.

But - and there's always a but - Things took a turn. They changed. I don't know when. I thought it was a guiding star. It was actually an oncoming train. And I was in the middle of the tunnel with nowhere to go.

I don't know why. Maybe it was me who was the fool. Maybe that was what they had planned. It doesn't matter. And I don't want to know. I don't want to fight any more. I don't want to try. I am tired. Spent.

It was good while it lasted. But it is time. To let go. To ride away. To let it wash over you. Rest.

Before you rise up again... to take consequences of yet another decision you make, yet another road you follow, yet another sign you ignore...

You live and you learn. Or maybe you don't learn. At any rate, you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment